Andrew Bermudez and his wife Amanda
with their 3 children
with their 3 children
Jay Brennan and his wife Dottie
We're delighted that you're cruisin' our web page! The internet is wonderful,
but behind everything you see here are real live flesh and blood human beings. So, whether you are a member, a friend, or a guest in our midst, a warm welcome awaits you at First Baptist.
We are an active, caring, growing, evangelical congregation striving to be faithful to Jesus Christ,
our Lord and Savior. It is our hope that this web site will help you become more familiar with us,
and with the opportunities that are here for you - in terms of worship, discipleship, youth, family life, missions and service.
The emphasis in all our programs is on knowing God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
It is a journey and one we welcome you to join us in. Our worship service on the second Sunday of each month is especially geared for youth and families and has become a favorite among young and old alike.
So... we hope you'll move from cyberspace to real space and drop in and be our guest sometime at worship or at any of the other activities that may catch your interest. Our website may be nice, but the real heart and soul of First Baptist still awaits your personal on-site visit. We believe you'll enjoy what you find here. Come... be our guest. Be as out-going or anonymous as you like. You're always welcome at FBC.
Coming to First Baptist...
- Getting here is pretty easy. Simply enter Dexter by way of Route 7. Go to the one and only stop light - the Post Office is on one corner and the Library on the other corner - at the light turn up the hill. We are the white church, behind the Post Office, with large white pillars and a rounded steeple.
- There is plenty of parking available. We try to reserve a few guest spots right in front of the church which you can use. But you can park in any parking space in and around the church. We have a small parking lot on Free Street, adjacent to the church, and you can also use the parking lot at the Post Office.
- The building is fully wheelchair-accessible via curb ramps, and interior ramps. The ushers or members will be glad to assist you.
- Finding your way around the church can be a bit tough for newcomers. To help, we have greeters at the front door who are glad to help you find your way.
- Everyone is welcome. We welcome people of all ages, races, nationalities, ethnic groups, and whatever your place in life.
If you come to Sunday morning worship...
- First, the times... we have our regular worship service at 10:30 a.m. A variety of Sunday School classes for all ages is offered beginning at 9:15 a.m.. On the second Sunday of each month we have our Family and Youth Sunday worship service which is held at our regular worship time of 10:30 a.m. The Youth and Family worship service is casual dress with a contemporary worship style that features our youth choir.
- As the service starts we have greeters at the entrance to the sanctuary to give you a bulletin and to help you find a seat.
- There is plenty of seating available in the sanctuary, so sit wherever you like.
- Our worship services are easy to follow by using the bulletin and they last about an hour.
- Guests are never singled out or embarrassed. We won't ask you to stand or wear a name tag or anything like that. If you choose, you may fill out a visitor card from the pew rack to let us know you came.
- You don't have to pay anything. We don't expect our guests to put anything in the offering plate, though you are certainly welcome to if you would like. Our members freely give to support our ministries.
- We have child care during the service with a nursery room for infants and toddlers (birth to 2yrs.). Generally older children attend the worship service with their family, however, if you prefer, you may certainly use the nursery as you need. Ask the ushers if you need help or directions.
Sunday morning classes...
- Sunday school classes are also available for all ages at 9:15 a.m.
- Tip: the classes are a great way to get to meet people and make friends since they're smaller than the worship services and have lots of relaxed, open discussion.
If you can't make it right now...
- You might like to find out a bit more about us by wandering through our website.
- If you can't make it to a worship service, but would like a recorded tape of the service sent to you please call the church office at 924-7167 and make your request.
Learning More about First...
- If you would like to meet with one of our pastors, please call our office to schedule an appointment.
- Another way to learn more about First Baptist is to visit us during the week and talk to one of volunteers, who are always hanging around the church. You are always welcome and never under any obligation or expectation that you will join First Baptist Church.